WELCOME TO CHILDREN’S MINISTRY AT THE WELL
Through the help of parents, teachers, mentors, and peers, we aim to teach our children how to make friends, be kind to others, and learn to follow Jesus – the same mission of The Well, but in more kid-friendly terms. Just like small-group life is vital to a healthy grownup church, it’s also a very important component to how encourage our kids to be part of the body of Christ. This small-group life approach focuses less on programs and events, and more on providing opportunities for more intimate and ongoing relationship building.
Serving others not only fills a tangible need, but also, in giving of ourselves we are opening a door to the power of the Holy Spirit, transforming our intrinsically selfish hearts into beacons of love for others and for God. We encourage our families to partner with organizations and serve people in ways and in areas that make sense to them. Highlighted below are a few of our partners, on the Southside, that we intentionally look to connect with on a regular basis.
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Help tutor, read to students, each lunch with a student
- Donate items to their library “makerspace”
- Donate gift cards to teachers
- Our contact is Tammy Sitton –SITTON_T@hcde.org , (423) 825-7337
WAYS TO GET INVOLVED:
- Assist during their daily afterschool program as a reader, games leader, food server, etc.
- Contact Gloria Dubose at (423) 266-1384 ext 3
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY LEADERSHIP TEAM
The Children’s Ministry Leadership Team is composed of a small group of people who have chosen to invest their time and energy into visioning, planning, and implementing in order to advance in the mission. They are passionate about making Jesus and His way of life tangible to the children and families of The Well and to the Southside of Chattanooga. Bring us your questions, concerns, or suggestions!
- Sonya Reaves, Children’s Ministry Coordinator
- Taylor Bajic, Family Connections
- Linda Jimenez-Astacio, Outreach
- Kelly Fogg, Special Needs Advisor
- Mary Jane Thomas, General Council
- Lucky Ramsey, Seedlings Leader
- Kelly Davis, Sprouts Leader