FOSTERING FRIENDSHIPS | PRACTICING COMPASSION | GROWING CHRIST FOLLOWERS
WELCOME TO THE WELL
We are a group of people committed to growing as followers of Jesus Christ. Because of that, we are also intent on engaging our Southside Chattanooga community. So you’ll find us serving in the local elementary school, participating with our friends at a neighborhood association event, worshipping together, and doing life together. And that’s because we believe this journey of being a Christ follower happens most effectively in community. Which means you have an open invitation.
You’re always welcome here.
ADVENTIST PEACE FELLOWSHIP
The Adventist Peace Fellowship seeks to raise consciousness about the centrality of peacemaking and social justice to the beliefs and heritage of Adventists. We support public service, activism, advocacy, and scholarship that reflects the radical spirit of many Adventist pioneers.
Our services are God-centered and informal. Praise music and the teaching of scripture are the two primary components of our worship. We also make time for conversation and connection among friends.
Childcare is provided for children ages 1-6.
ADULT STUDY & DISCUSSION
MIX & MINGLE
- Saturate, Jeff Vanderstelt
- More Ready Than You Realize, Brian McLaren
- Becoming a Contagious Christian, Bill Hybels and Mark Mittelberg
- Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster
- The Great Omission, Dallas Willard
- My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers
- What’s So Amazing About Grace? Philip Yancey
- The Externally Focused Church, Eric Swanson and Rick Rusaw
- Radical, David Platt
- Just Walk Across the Room, Bill Hybels
- Slow Church, C. Christopher Smith and John Pattison
- The New Parish, Paul Sparks, Tim Soerens, and Dwight J. Friesen
If you would like to be added to The Well’s email distribution list, please fill out the form below:
- Deep Well Communion, February 29, 5–7pm There will be no regular Sabbath schools or worship on Sabbath, 2/29. Instead, we hope you will join us for our twice a year evening communion service and meal. This is a special time for connection and reflection. RSVP and sign up to contribute to the meal here.
- New Wellie Lunch, March 7, 1–3pm If you are relatively new to The Well and have never attended a New Wellie Lunch, you’re invited to join us for a meal, some socializing, and to learn a bit more about who we are and why we do what we do. Let Mike know if you are interested in coming!
- Check out our full 2020 Calendar.
RAISING A NEW GENERATION OF WELLIES
The Children’s Ministry of The Well seeks to guide our children to foster friendships, practice compassion, and help them grow to be followers of Christ. We endeavor to engage and serve our community in a variety of ways, intentionally modeling to our children the life to which Jesus calls us.
- Deep Well Communion, February 29, 5–7pm There will be no regular Sabbath schools or worship on Saturday morning, 2/29. Instead, we invite you to join this special evening communion service and meal that happens twice a year. Childcare will be available for children ages 6 months through 6 years beginning at 5:30. RSVP and sign up to contribute food here.
- Parents’ Day Out, March 8, 3–7pm Take advantage of free childcare and enjoy an afternoon to yourself! A couple of our regular babysitters along with a few parents will spend the afternoon playing games, doing crafts, and eating supper with your kids. RSVP here.
- Join The Garden at The Well on Facebook for weekly Sabbath School lesson links and other updates!
The Well’s Leadership Team is composed of a small group of people who invest themselves in the life and times of The Well. Their vision and passion for the Kingdom of God in Southside Chattanooga helps bring focus to who we are and what we’re about.
The Well’s Area Coordinators are individuals who oversee various aspects of Well life. These individuals take the lead in recruiting, training and directing volunteers. They nurture environments in which people serve, grow spiritually and connect meaningfully with others.
PRACTICING COMPASSION CO-COORDINATOR
PRACTICING COMPASSION CO-COORDINATOR
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
COFFEE BAR COORDINATOR
FOOD & FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR
RECENT HAPPENINGS AT THE WELL
VOLUNTEER WITH OUR PARTNERS
The Well is built on the foundation of engaging and serving our immediate community. This is what we call being “externally focused.”