FOSTERING FRIENDSHIPS | PRACTICING COMPASSION | GROWING CHRIST FOLLOWERS
WELCOME TO THE WELL
We are a group of people committed to growing as followers of Jesus Christ. Because of that, we are also intent on engaging our Southside Chattanooga community. So you’ll find us serving in the local elementary school, participating with our friends at a neighborhood association event, worshipping together, and doing life together. And that’s because we believe this journey of being a Christ follower happens most effectively in community. Which means you have an open invitation.
You’re always welcome here.
ADVENTIST PEACE FELLOWSHIP
The Adventist Peace Fellowship seeks to raise consciousness about the centrality of peacemaking and social justice to the beliefs and heritage of Adventists. We support public service, activism, advocacy, and scholarship that reflects the radical spirit of many Adventist pioneers.
Our services are God-centered and informal. Praise music and the teaching of scripture are the two primary components of our worship. We also make time for conversation and connection among friends. Childcare is available for children ages 6 months – 6 years.
If you would like to be added to The Well’s email distribution list, please fill out the form below:
- WellSing: August 13, 6:00 pm
- Check out our Sabbath School Groups on Church Center. Click here to select your group.
- Check out our Summer Small Groups on Church Center. Click here to select your group.
- The Well’s Transition to Church Center If you consider The Well your home church, we invite you to create a login for Church Center and download the app. You will be able to access our directory, small groups, and receive reminders for upcoming events or volunteer responsibilities. If you haven’t received an invite, please request to join here.
- Saturate, Jeff Vanderstelt
- More Ready Than You Realize, Brian McLaren
- Becoming a Contagious Christian, Bill Hybels and Mark Mittelberg
- Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster
- The Great Omission, Dallas Willard
- My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers
- What’s So Amazing About Grace? Philip Yancey
- The Externally Focused Church, Eric Swanson and Rick Rusaw
- Radical, David Platt
- Just Walk Across the Room, Bill Hybels
- Slow Church, C. Christopher Smith and John Pattison
- The New Parish, Paul Sparks, Tim Soerens, and Dwight J. Friesen
RAISING A NEW GENERATION OF WELLIES
The Children’s Ministry of The Well seeks to guide our children to foster friendships, practice compassion, and help them grow to be followers of Christ. We endeavor to engage and serve our community in a variety of ways, intentionally modeling to our children the life to which Jesus calls us.
- Outdoor Church, July 24, 4–7pm There will be no regular classes or worship service at The Bethlehem Center on this date. Instead, we hope you’ll join us for an outdoor worship service and a picnic at Cloudland Canyon State Park. Details here.
- Water Fun Day @ The Bethlehem Center, July 28, 12-3pm Bring your kiddos and help us provide a fun afternoon for the kids and staff as they conclude their summer camp at The Beth. More info and sign-up here.
- Neighborhood Clean Up with The Bethlehem Center, July 30, 2-3:30pm Let’s join The Bethlehem Center and see how many streets we can cover in 90 minutes as we beautify the neighborhood by picking up litter. All ages welcome!
- Join The Garden at The Well on Facebook and join the appropriate age group on Church Center to receive weekly lessons and stay in the loop on other upcoming events.
The Well’s Leadership Team is composed of a small group of people who invest themselves in the life and times of The Well. Their vision and passion for the Kingdom of God in Southside Chattanooga helps bring focus to who we are and what we’re about.
Winter Sigh Beck
The Well’s Area Coordinators are individuals who oversee various aspects of Well life. These individuals take the lead in recruiting, training and directing volunteers. They nurture environments in which people serve, grow spiritually and connect meaningfully with others.
FACILITY SET-UP COORDINATOR
PRACTICING COMPASSION CO-COORDINATOR
PRACTICING COMPASSION CO-COORDINATOR
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
COFFEE BAR COORDINATOR
FOOD & FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR
VOLUNTEER WITH OUR PARTNERS
The Well is built on the foundation of engaging and serving our immediate community. This is what we call being “externally focused.”
The Well has recently become a member organization of Chattanoogans in Action for Love, Equality, and Benevolence (CALEB). By coming together with other groups that desire to shape the future of our city for the benefit of ALL, we can practice compassion in a systemic way. Watch these interviews to learn more about CALEB, their three areas of emphasis, and how Wellies are serving on CALEB task forces.
VOLUNTEER ON SABBATH MORNING
What takes place on Sabbath mornings requires a communal effort, and volunteering on a monthly basis is something that most Wellies enjoy and value. Check out the ways you can serve in our little church community, and in doing so, grow spiritually and connect meaningfully with others.