FOSTERING FRIENDSHIPS | PRACTICING COMPASSION | GROWING CHRIST FOLLOWERS
WELCOME TO THE WELL
We are a group of people committed to growing as followers of Jesus Christ. Because of that, we are also intent on engaging our Southside Chattanooga community. So you’ll find us serving in the local elementary school, participating with our friends at a neighborhood association event, worshipping together, and doing life together. And that’s because we believe this journey of being a Christ follower happens most effectively in community. Which means you have an open invitation.
You’re always welcome here.
ADVENTIST PEACE FELLOWSHIP
The Adventist Peace Fellowship seeks to raise consciousness about the centrality of peacemaking and social justice to the beliefs and heritage of Adventists. We support public service, activism, advocacy, and scholarship that reflects the radical spirit of many Adventist pioneers.
Our services are God-centered and informal. Praise music and the teaching of scripture are the two primary components of our worship. We also make time for conversation and connection among friends.
Childcare is provided for children ages 1-6.
ADULT STUDY & DISCUSSION
MIX & MINGLE
- Saturate, Jeff Vanderstelt
- More Ready Than You Realize, Brian McLaren
- Becoming a Contagious Christian, Bill Hybels and Mark Mittelberg
- Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster
- The Great Omission, Dallas Willard
- My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers
- What’s So Amazing About Grace? Philip Yancey
- The Externally Focused Church, Eric Swanson and Rick Rusaw
- Radical, David Platt
- Just Walk Across the Room, Bill Hybels
- Slow Church, C. Christopher Smith and John Pattison
- The New Parish, Paul Sparks, Tim Soerens, and Dwight J. Friesen
If you would like to be added to The Well’s email distribution list, please fill out the form below:
- Worship Team Luncheon, January 18, 1–3pm If you are a part of the Sabbath morning team that facilitates worship through music or audiovisual, we hope you’ll join us for this discussion and meal!
- Game Night Social, January 18, 6–9pm Wellies of all ages are invited to bring a favorite board or card game and spend a fun evening snacking and socializing! RSVP here.
- Extended Leadership Meeting, January 25, 6pm Mark this date on your calendar and plan to join us for this important meeting.
- Family Promise Hosting, February 2–9 Practice compassion by helping us create our very own hotel for a week at The Well. We need individuals to provide supper, stay overnight, and come socialize with the families that will be staying with us. Sign up here, and contact Ashley if you have any questions.
- Check out our full 2020 Calendar.
RAISING A NEW GENERATION OF WELLIES
The Children’s Ministry of The Well seeks to guide our children to foster friendships, practice compassion, and help them grow to be followers of Christ. We endeavor to engage and serve our community in a variety of ways, intentionally modeling to our children the life to which Jesus calls us.
- Game Night Social, January 18, 6–9pm Wellies of all ages are invited to bring a favorite board or card game and spend the evening snacking and socializing. If there is enough interest, there will be childcare for children 6 years and younger. RSVP here.
- Family Promise Hosting, February 2–9 Want a tangible way for your family to practice compassion? Sign up to provide a meal, overnight hosting, or games for the families that will be staying at The Well during this week. Sign up here, and contact Ashley if you have any questions.
- Join The Garden at The Well on Facebook for weekly Sabbath School lesson links and other updates!
The Well’s Leadership Team is composed of a small group of people who invest themselves in the life and times of The Well. Their vision and passion for the Kingdom of God in Southside Chattanooga helps bring focus to who we are and what we’re about.
The Well’s Area Coordinators are individuals who oversee various aspects of Well life. These individuals take the lead in recruiting, training and directing volunteers. They nurture environments in which people serve, grow spiritually and connect meaningfully with others.
PRACTICING COMPASSION CO-COORDINATOR
PRACTICING COMPASSION CO-COORDINATOR
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
COFFEE BAR COORDINATOR
SMALL GROUPS COORDINATOR
FOOD & FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR
RECENT HAPPENINGS AT THE WELL
VOLUNTEER WITH OUR PARTNERS
The Well is built on the foundation of engaging and serving our immediate community. This is what we call being “externally focused.”