FOSTERING FRIENDSHIPS | PRACTICING COMPASSION | GROWING CHRIST FOLLOWERS
WELCOME TO THE WELL
We are a group of people committed to growing as followers of Jesus Christ. Because of that, we are also intent on engaging our Southside Chattanooga community. So you’ll find us serving in the local elementary school, participating with our friends at a neighborhood association event, worshipping together, and doing life together. And that’s because we believe this journey of being a Christ follower happens most effectively in community. Which means you have an open invitation.
You’re always welcome here.
ADVENTIST PEACE FELLOWSHIP
The Adventist Peace Fellowship seeks to raise consciousness about the centrality of peacemaking and social justice to the beliefs and heritage of Adventists. We support public service, activism, advocacy, and scholarship that reflects the radical spirit of many Adventist pioneers.
Our services are God-centered and informal. Praise music and the teaching of scripture are the two primary components of our worship. We also make time for conversation and connection among friends.
Childcare is provided for children ages 1-6.
ADULT STUDY & DISCUSSION
MIX & MINGLE
- Saturate, Jeff Vanderstelt
- More Ready Than You Realize, Brian McLaren
- Becoming a Contagious Christian, Bill Hybels and Mark Mittelberg
- Celebration of Discipline, Richard Foster
- The Great Omission, Dallas Willard
- My Utmost for His Highest, Oswald Chambers
- What’s So Amazing About Grace? Philip Yancey
- The Externally Focused Church, Eric Swanson and Rick Rusaw
- Radical, David Platt
- Just Walk Across the Room, Bill Hybels
- Slow Church, C. Christopher Smith and John Pattison
- The New Parish, Paul Sparks, Tim Soerens, and Dwight J. Friesen
If you would like to be added to The Well’s email distribution list, please fill out the form below:
- Deep Well MainX24, December 7, 8am–1pm Join us in transforming our space into a warming station for MainX24 parade participants on Sabbath morning, December 7. We welcome them with hot drinks, a scrumptious breakfast, and a festive place to gather. Find ways to contribute here.
- The Sound of Music, December 17, 7pm You are invited to enjoy CSAS’s performance of Rodgers & Hammerstein’s The Sound of Music at The Well. Tickets will be sold at the door. Doors open at 6:30pm.
- Christmas Eve Celebration, December 24, 6–7pm All are invited to bring in the Christmas holiday with this sacred service celebrating Christ’s birth.
- Check out our full 2019 Calendar.
RAISING A NEW GENERATION OF WELLIES
The Children’s Ministry of The Well seeks to guide our children to foster friendships, practice compassion, and help them grow to be followers of Christ. We endeavor to engage and serve our community in a variety of ways, intentionally modeling to our children the life to which Jesus calls us.
- Deep Well MainX24, December 7, 8am–1pm There will be no regular Sabbath school and worship on December 7. Instead, we hope you’ll participate in the community festivities and join The Well in hosting parade participants for breakfast. Sign up here to help.
- Join The Garden at The Well on Facebook for weekly Sabbath School lesson links and other updates!
The Well’s Leadership Team is composed of a small group of people who invest themselves in the life and times of The Well. Their vision and passion for the Kingdom of God in Southside Chattanooga helps bring focus to who we are and what we’re about.
The Well’s Area Coordinators are individuals who oversee various aspects of Well life. These individuals take the lead in recruiting, training and directing volunteers. They nurture environments in which people serve, grow spiritually and connect meaningfully with others.
PRACTICING COMPASSION CO-COORDINATOR
PRACTICING COMPASSION CO-COORDINATOR
CHILDREN'S MINISTRY COORDINATOR
COFFEE BAR COORDINATOR
SMALL GROUPS COORDINATOR
FOOD & FELLOWSHIP COORDINATOR
RECENT HAPPENINGS AT THE WELL
VOLUNTEER WITH OUR PARTNERS
The Well is built on the foundation of engaging and serving our immediate community. This is what we call being “externally focused.”